Surfboard Design Class
Surfboard Design and Shaping Class
Welcome to Shapers Academy Surfboard Design Program.
Have you ever wanted to shape or design your own surfboard?
How about learning the skills needed to use a surfboard shaping program?
With our Surfboard Design Class you'll be able to gain the skills and confidence necessary to design any surfboard you want!
Designing and shaping surfboards is similar in concept to learning how to surf. Theres tons of people and boards out there, but without the help of a "surf lesson" or "surf school" it can be very difficult to even know where to start, and the learning curve can be really steep with often times some pretty rough experiences in the early stages if attempted on your own with no guidance from a seasoned or experience professional.
But what if there was a way to go from "0 - 60" as they say?
What if there was a way to sit down and learn how to design and build your own surfboards while being guided by a reputable shaper with 1000's of custom built boards under his belt?
What if there was a way to have an interactive surfboard design experience that will teach you and help you to be able to confidently design and build your own surfboards for the rest of your life?
For the above reasons, along with our passion for surfboard building, we've developed a fun, interactive, easy to follow surfboard design class that we hold at our factory 1 Saturday per month. The class runs from 9am - 4pm, with various breaks for questions, food, restrooms etc.
Surfboard Design Class
What will you learn in our surfboard design class?
Our main goal with our 1 day surfboard design class is for each student to be able to leave the class with the basic foundations needed to confidently begin building their own surfboards.
Our surfboard design program will focus on the most current and relevant aspects of surfboard design and surfboard building.
Based on current industry trends that have allowed surfboard design to reach new heights in performance and technology there are tons of new techniques and strategies being implemented into the surfboard design and construction fields.
Currently we keep our surfboard design class limited to 10 people per session to insure adequate time needed to go through the entire program and make sure everyone gets to ask as many questions as needed.
Learning how to design surfboards
Learning to design your own surfboard in a 1 day class!
YES! with the right tools and hands on instruction, you will leave our class with a the solid foundation and confidence needed to design your very first, of hopefully many surfboards.
Surfboard Design Program
The details :
1) You will learn the very basic through more advanced design techniques using cutting edge surfboard design software.
2) You will have hands on training to design your own surfboard that will be duplicatable and modifiable for future use.
3) You will learn how to create new surfboard designs from scratch
4) You will learn how to create new rockers, modify tail designs, increase or decrease rockers and concave distributions ( please don't worry about terminology at this point, we'll go over all this in class and you will leave with a thorough understanding) plus much more!
5) You will learn how to properly measure any surfboard you want to be able to incorporate various design aspects into brand new surfboards that you design yourself.
6) Once you complete our surfboard design course you'll be able to design any surfboard you want, often times from the comfort of your couch.
Surfboard Design School
What happens after I complete the surfboard design course?
After you complete our Surfboard Design Class you will not be turned out into the cold. Once you have come to the factory and completed the course you will have access to the following :
Our interactive surfboard design community and website :
1) Connect with other surfboard design students
2) Seek help or ask design questions from other students
3) Watch tutorial videos about basic and advanced surfboard design techniques
4) Submit requests for design tutorials
5) Share file designs with other students
6) Download file designs from other students.
7) Plus more to come!
What happens after I sign up and complete payment for the surfboard design class?
Once you have submitted payment you will go through the following steps.
1) Within 1 business day you will receive an email with additional instructions that will detail how to :
- Set up your website account with username and password to access our shaping community
- Instructions on how to download the necessary surfboard design program that you will need in order to attend our surfboard design class.
2) You will receive, via email, a pdf download that outlines our surfboard design course. You are free to print this out and bring to class with you, this pdf will be provided in class as well.
3) You are free to browse the design community and network with other surfers that have taken our class. This is great way to see what others are saying about their experiences with our program.
Sign up today! Current dates are available below. There will only be 10 students allow per date. please specify your date when you sign up.
Saturday, February 9, 2019
Saturday, March 9, 2019
Saturday, March 30, 2019
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Saturday, May 25, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Saturday, July 20, 2019
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Saturday, September 14, 2019
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Saturday, November 9, 2019
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Saturday, December 28, 2019
So now all you have to do is pick a class date and sign up! This will be an eye opening look into the world of surfboard design and is sure to give you the confidence needed to begin building our own surfboards as well as a deep understanding of surfboard design theory and technology!
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ORDER TO ATTEND THIS CLASS YOU NEED A WORKING LAPTOP THAT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A SMALL PROGRAM FILE TO.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CLASS TAKES PLACE INSIDE A WORKING SURFBOARD FACTORY. PLEASE DRESS ACCORDINGLY. MEANING IF ITS COLD OUTSIDE IT WILL BE COLDER IN THE FACTORY, IF ITS WARM OUTSIDE IT WILL BE WARM IN THE FACTORY. IN THE SUMMER MONTHS WE KEEP THE DOORS OPEN TO PROVIDE GREAT VENTILATION AND FRESH AIR. IF ITS WINTER TIME PLEASE DRESS WARM.
If you want to talk to a live person before signing up please call 949-381-1754 and ask for Bob or Chris.